St. Anne’s Church in Castlemartyr
This early 18th church was built on a slight hill on land gifted by the 1st Earl of Shannon, Henry Boyle.
It was constructed with stone from the former church at Ballyoughter which was damaged during the Cromwellian war of 1641.
The new church was dedicated to Saint Anne and consecrated in 1831. It is typical of its time in that it is a light and airy structure with plain glass in the windows – the only coloured glass being in the east window.